Thursday, August 3, 2017

Toddler-Approved Books

I have been reading a massive amount of children's literature recently (my son has inherited my desire to carry every book in the library home with us), and I thought I would share a few of our (that's the key word here) favorites, in case anyone needs some ideas.

Anything by Richard Scarry
(O loooooooooves all the crazy cars in these books)


Anything by Sandra Boynton.
(The Going to Bed Book is one of our favorites.)

Through the Town by Libby Hamilton

Anything by Mo Willems.
(Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus is fun because it lets my 2-year-old get his "NOOOOO!" out of his system before I tell him it's time for bed.)

Trashy Town by Andrea Zimmerman
(O knows this book by heart and frequently reads it to me)

Little Pea by Amy Krouse Rosenthal
(Another book we know by heart)


Goodnight, Gorilla by Peggy Rathmann

Dear Zoo by Rod Campbell

The crayon books by Drew Daywalt

The Napping House by Audrey Wood
(Her other books are also fun and beautifully illustrated)

The Pout-Pout Fish by Deborah Diesen


Cars Galore by Peter Stein
(Dr. Seuss-esque with clever illustrations; O can look at this book for a very long time)

Mustache Baby by Bridget Heos

The Boy and the Book by David Michael Slater

Sidewalk Flowers by JonArno Lawson

Rhymoceros and Hippopposites by Janik Coat

Race Car Count by Rebecca Kai Dotlich


The BabyLit Board Book series by Jennifer Adams
(Emma, Moby Dick, and Sherlock Holmes are current favorites)
Let's Play by Herve Tullet

Explorers of the Wild by Cale Atkinson

Noisy Night by Mac Barnett
(I also like Barnett's collaborations with Jon Klassen, like Extra Yarn, but the plots are still a little beyond O) 

Egg by Kevin Henkes
(Henkes has always been one of my favorite authors. I even got O's name from his book.)




Happy summer reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...